"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." - Lloyd Bridges

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Is Anyone Here a Urologist?

The thought occurred to me recently; will the medical field soon be suffering from a shortage of Doctors willing to specialize in the field of human plumbing? As the general population ages, thanks in large part to baby boomers entering their golden years, there is sure to be a lack of qualified MDs willing to spend their days staring down the business end of the graying hippie crowd. Seems to me the trend in medicine these days is to specialize in the relatively clean fields of orthopedics, sports medicine, plastic surgery, etc. Can't say that I blame anyone for that decision, but, the fact is we still need doctors who are willing to keep the pipes from freezing up, if you know what I mean. So to all future doctors I say, don't overlook the necessary, and uh...I am sure rewarding in some way, field of urology. Large handed individuals need not apply.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a crack up! You could be a columnist for the paper. Luv ya!

grandma jojo said...

or have a talk show. maybe you could talk to dennis about being his back up guy.

Anonymous said...

Where do you come up with these things!! You are very funny.

Ben said...

I would love to spend a day in your head and see why you think about such things.